Tiny Wiki :
Fast loading, text only version of Wikipedia.
* January 8—Pope Innocent III succeeds Pope Celestine III as the 176th pope.
* March – Philip of Swabia is elected King of Germany by his supporters.
* July – Otto of Brunswick is crowned King of Germany by the House of Welf.
* Frederick II, infant son of German King Henry VI, is crowned King of Sicily.
* Emperor Tsuchimikado succeeds Emperor Go-Toba on the throne of Japan.
* August 24—King Alexander II of Scotland (d. 1249)
* Ertugrul, Turkish leader, father of Osman I (d. 1281)
* Ferdinand III of Castile (d. 1252)
* Sybilla of Lusignan, wife of Leo II of Armenia (d. c. 1230)
* January 8—Pope Celestine III (b. c. 1106)
* March 11—Marie de Champagne, daughter of Louis VII of France (b. 1145)
* April 16—Duke Frederick I of Austria (b. c. 1175)
* June 2—Lord Ygo III of Galama, Frisian knight and nobleman (b. 1139)
* September 1—Dulce Berenguer, Queen of Portugal, wife of King Sancho I of Portugal (b. 1160)
* November 27—Queen Constance of Sicily, wife of Henry VI, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1154)
* December 11—Averroes, Arab philosopher and physician (b. 1126)
* Ruaidri Ua Conchobair, last High King of Ireland
* Alix of France, daughter of Louis VII of France (b. 1150)
* William III of Sicily (b. 1190)
* William of Newburgh, English historian (b. 1135)
Category:Articles lacking sources (Erik9bot)