Tiny Wiki :
Fast loading, text only version of Wikipedia.
Villa Olmo is a neoclassic villa located in the city of Como, Italy.
The construction began in 1797 and was commissioned by marquis Innocenzo Odescalchi to the swiss architect Simone Cantoni.
It was designed to be a summer retreat for the nobles, hence it was built alongside the lake; the villa was named after a remarkable elm planted in the middle of the ornate gardens, no longer alive today.
It was acquired in 1924 by the municipality of Como and today is open to the public only during expositions, while the lakeside gardens are freely accessible at daytime.